Family Medicine MD/DO at
IHS Health Care Facility in Arizona
$(125-130) per hour
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
We are seeking a Family Medicine physician to provide outpatient primary care at a comprehensive Indian Health Service facility in Chinle, AZ.
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm.
- Half day of administrative time each Thursday
- This is a full-time, locums position with a minimum 6 week commitment.
- Ideal candidates are those who will consider returning for future placements.
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations for adults and children
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care.
- Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare, and compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners.
- Board-certified in FM or Med-Peds
- Hold any active, unrestricted state license and a valid, unrestricted DEA with schedule I-V
- Not had a loss of licensure or suspended licensure, or lapse in practice >6 months leading up to assignment
- EMR: RPMS
- This facility is a 60-bed Indian Health Service hospital and outpatient clinic.
Healthcare hub for the region with over 37,000 active users.
- Large medical staff, including: Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, OB/GYN's, Anesthesiologists, and a Psychiatrist.
- Services include routine outpatient and inpatient primary care, adult Intensive Care, General Surgery, routine and operative Obstetrics, and a 24-hour ER.
Strong Navajo cultural traditions exist within the community, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo language, or to learn about traditional Navajo medicine. The service unit is located on the Colorado Plateau and near Canyon de Chelly National Monument with excellent opportunities for photography and outdoor recreation.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: RPMS
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board certified
- Any state license
Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility
Located in Northeast Arizona near Canyon De Chelly National Monument, this 60 bed hospital serves as the health care hub for the region. The medical staff includes Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, OB/GYN's, Anesthesiologists, and a Psychiatrist. In addition to routine outpatient and inpatient primary care, services available to our patients include: Adult Intensive Care, General Surgery (including laparoscopic surgery), routine and operative Obstetrics, and 24-Hour Emergency Room Services. Health care services are provided to approximately 37,000 active users. Strong Navajo cultural traditions exist within the community, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo language, or to learn about traditional Navajo medicine. The service unit is located on the Colorado Plateau with excellent opportunities for photography, hiking, running, road biking, cross country skiing, and mountain biking. Canyon de Chelly National Monument is within 5 miles of the hospital and is a wonderful place for exploring and sightseeing, running and mountain biking.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm No patients on Thursday morning AMs.
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.