Emergency Medicine Physician-MD/DO at
IHS Medical Center in New Mexico
$(225-250) per hour
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
We are seeking Board Certified Emergency Medicine physicians to provide emergency medicine care at a comprehensive Indian Health Service facility in Gallup NM. We are urgently hiring qualified candidates for locums positions in this rural and underserved community.
- Schedule: Flexible
- Ideal candidates are those who will consider returning to the facilities for at least one-two week each month.
- Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare
- Compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners
- Interested in joining a dynamic and potentially disruptive social healthcare enterprise
- Board-certified in EM/Eligible by ABEM
- ATLS, ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Active, unrestricted license and DEA from any state or US territory
- Completed a US residency program
- Not had a lapse in practice > 6 months leading up to assignment
- EMR: RPMS
- Flexible career options that allow rotating between domestic and international work
- Competitive compensation
- Malpractice coverage, including tail insurance
- Supportive and engaged community of social medicine practitioners
- Flexible/block scheduling
Strong Navajo and Hopi cultural traditions exist within this community, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo and Hopi languages, or to learn about traditional Native American medicine. The service unit is located near the Grand Canyon National Park, with excellent opportunities for photography and outdoor recreation.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: RPMS
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board eligible or board certified
- Any state license
Gallup Indian Medical Center IHS
This Medical Center is a 99-bed hospital in Gallup, New Mexico, on the border of the Navajo Reservation. Clinical specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Anesthesia, OB/GYN, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Radiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, and Urology. The workload is one of the largest in the Indian Health Service with 250,000 outpatient encounters and 5,800 inpatient admissions annually. This Medical Center has the largest staff of all Navajo Area IHS facilities. The Plateaus and mountains close to Gallup offer opportunities for hiking, backpacking and camping. There are several national mountains and parks within easy driving distance. Albuquerque, with all the services and cultural events offered in a city its size, is just two hours East of Gallup. There are many choices for cross-country and downhill skiing within 1 to 3 hours of Gallup. The city of Gallup has a populations of approximately 23,000.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Monday–Friday, weekends/different shift times
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.
State: New Mexico