Permanent Full-Time Position
Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physician MD/DO at
$(250,000) per year
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
We are seeking a Board Certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician who is interested in Director responsibilities to serve a remote village in East Maui for 6 months at a time or on a permanent basis.
- Support staff: Seasoned, well-trained MA and RN
- This health center provides the full range of primary health care services for all stages of life – from keiki (children) to kupuna (seniors).
- Routine physical exams, acute care, chronic disease management (heart disease, diabetes, asthma), cancer screening (PAP smears, mammograms, prostate and colon), routine gynecology including well women exams and family planning services, basic laboratory and x-ray, on-site medication dispensary and referrals for specialty care are offered.
East Maui is one of the most unbelievably great locations in all of Hawaii, if not the whole world! The energy is pure, natural, and honest, and the people and the environment are full of aloha. When traveling through East Maui, expect to see a lot of greenery.
Find out more about Hana below:
- Road to Hana:
- More about Hana: https://youtu.be/wjKnz5JaRqU
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: Athena Health
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board certified
- Hawaii license
This extremely rural clinic provides the full range of primary health care services for all stages of life – from keiki (children) to kupuna (seniors). Routine physical exams, acute care, chronic disease management (heart disease, diabetes, asthma), cancer screening (PAP smears, mammograms, prostate and colon), routine gynecology including well women exams and family planning services, basic laboratory and x-ray, on-site medication dispensary and referrals for specialty care.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Schedule: Clinic is open Monday through Saturday, 8am - 5pm, provider is scheduled 3 days per week in the clinic and 1 day per week for administrative tasks. Call is 1:3 and shared with the other 2 providers on site.
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.