Permanent Full-Time Position
Medical Director at
Kalihi-Palama Health Center
$100 per hour
$800 per 8 hour shift
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
We are seeking a passionate, Board Certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician to serve as Medical Director in the heart of Kalihi-Palama, Hawaii. This challenging position allows you to help patients with complex needs near ChinaTown Honolulu, known for its Chinese American community.
- Schedule: Clinic is open Monday through Friday
- Provides clinical leadership for KPHC’s medical programs.
- Provides patient care including medical evaluation, treatment, and consultation services to KPHC patients in accordance with acceptable standards, and within KPHC’s scope and practice guidelines.
- Documents in the electronic medical record within required timeframes.
- Provides clinical leadership and oversight for medical services delivered by providers in the practice.
- Supervises and evaluates the performance of all medical staff and others who report to them (either directly or indirectly) including Physicians (MD/Dos) and NursePractitioners (APRNs).
- Available to staff as needed.
- Responds to emergencies and responds to medical patients’ needs.
- Must be Board Certified,
- Hold valid, unrestricted Hawaii license
- Hawaii State Narcotics Registration
- BLS, ACLS and PALS
- 2-step TB test required as well as Covid vaccination.
- Ideally seeking permanent provider but long-term locums also considered.
- Support staff: Teams of well-trained MAs and RNs
- EMR: Athena
- HPSA Score: 21
This independent, 501 (c) (3) non-profit, organization plays a crucial role in the Kalihi-Palama community as a provider of health and social services to patients who typically face significant barriers when accessing health care. Located in the heart of Kalihi-Palama; an urban, inner-city community that is home to approximately 63,820 residents, many of whom are poor Asian, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Island ethnic minorities. This facility serves more than 20,000 patients annually. There are more than 27 languages spoken in this area and translators are available.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: Athena Health
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board certified
- Hawaii license
Kalihi-Palama Health Center
This Health Center is an independent, 501 (c) (3) non-profit, organization that plays a crucial role in the Kalihi-Palama community as a provider of health and social services to patients who typically face significant barriers when accessing health care. It is located in the heart of Kalihi-Palama; an urban, inner-city community that is home to approximately 63,820 residents, many of whom are vulnerable, underserved Asian, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Island ethnic minorities. The Center serves more than 20,000 patients annually.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Regular 8:00 am–4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.