$130 per hour
Day shift with rotating call hour
Sep 2023 -
About This Job
Arc Health is seeking a full-time Pediatrician in Kotzebue, AK. This is a regional facility that serves as the hub for 180 remote clinics. It has a 17-bed inpatient ward, no surgery, and provides outpatient/ emergency care to Alaskan Natives. Within the system there is a strong network of Community Health Workers that staff the smaller, remote clinics.
-Start as soon as credentialed.
- Length: 4 week minimum preferred but can be flexible
- Clinically capable
- Personally willing to be flexible, (ie. get on plane and work in remote area, come back and do inpatient work).
- Comfortable working with SUD.
- Support staff: Team of RN, MA, and an expansive network of Community Health Workers.
- EMR: Cerner
- Specialty & Community resources: Clinical social work, inpatient/outpatient/women's health, midwifery, behavioral health services, dentistry, senior and disability services, suicide prevention, wellness groups, emergency services, WIC, diabetes and nutrition, injury prevention, tobacco prevention/control and more throughout their network of smaller village based clinics.
- Closest medical center is 550 miles away by air.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: Cerner
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board certified
- Any state license
Maniilaq Health Center
This Health Center is a 17-bed hospital with a low-volume Emergency Department and an outpatient clinic that covers primary care and women’s health (and has 14,000 annual encounters). There is no surgery. Their OB department consists of four beds in a separate obstetric/labor and delivery unit that includes a newborn nursery and two birthing rooms. Three quarters of all deliveries are ‘risked out’ to Anchorage. All deliveries are with midwives; very rare emergency c-sections. Providers work with a care team including Community Health Aids (CHAs) or Practitioners to deliver primary care services in surrounding remote village clinics. The hospital has a Radio room where one provider supports CHAs with telemedicine consults and the option to do direct patient care. ED and inpatient are solo staffed, one each, usually by FM. ED is straightforward – requires autonomy, comfort dealing with SUD, and trauma. The area is a beautiful coastal town located 33 miles above the artic circle. The town gives access to Noatak National Preserve, Kobuk Valley National Park, and Cape Krusenstern National Monument. Activities nearby include backpacking, hiking, rafting, wildlife viewing, photography, fishing, and hunting. Practicing in Kotzebue gives the opportunity to learn about the rich indigenous culture and history.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Schedule will vary depending on department. We are looking for highly flexible clinicians who can commit at least 4 weeks.
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.