$(800.00) per day
for relief provider
Day shift with rotating call hour
Sep 2023 -
About This Job
Arc Health is seeking multiple flexible, highly-skilled Family Practice Nurse Practitioners to serve in northern Alaska above the Arctic Circle for 4-6 week assignments a few times a year.
We are seeking highly experienced, flexible and independent FNPs to practice at the very top of their license. This position is within a interconnected healthcare network for Alaska Natives and will work in tandem with staff physicians (based in Kotzebue) and Community Health Aides who staff the village clinics.
- Schedule to be discussed at time of hire.
- Schedule: 4-6 week assignments in remote villages
- Travel to village is by air.
- Must be comfortable with solo staffing and working independently.
- Must be clinically capable, personally willing to be flexible, and interested in making a long-term commitment to serving this rural community.
- Any state license accepted to start
- Must be able to use judgement in interpreting and, with some patient conditions, adapting guidelines; to determine which patient conditions can be treated independently and which must be referred; and in assessment of patients, initiating treatment programs, evaluating the effectiveness of care, and modifying treatment with appropriate intervention.
- Support staff: 1-2 Community Health Aides (trained and certified), receptionist, dental health aide
- EMR: Cerner
- Housing and travel provided.
- Radio allows for prompt communication and there are emergency services (medivac) available for urgent needs.
- Remote community populations range in size from 117 to 890.
This area offers endless ways to enjoy the beauty of Alaska including photography, camping, hiking, year round hunting/fishing, berry picking, boating, four-wheeling, snow mobiling, cross country skiing, New Year’s fireworks display and snow mobile racing, 4th of July fair & parade, dog sled racing & more!
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: Cerner
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board certified
- Any state license
Maniilaq Health Center
This Health Center is a 17-bed hospital with a low-volume Emergency Department and an outpatient clinic that covers primary care and women’s health (and has 14,000 annual encounters). There is no surgery. Their OB department consists of four beds in a separate obstetric/labor and delivery unit that includes a newborn nursery and two birthing rooms. Three quarters of all deliveries are ‘risked out’ to Anchorage. All deliveries are with midwives; very rare emergency c-sections. Providers work with a care team including Community Health Aids (CHAs) or Practitioners to deliver primary care services in surrounding remote village clinics. The hospital has a Radio room where one provider supports CHAs with telemedicine consults and the option to do direct patient care. ED and inpatient are solo staffed, one each, usually by FM. ED is straightforward – requires autonomy, comfort dealing with SUD, and trauma. The area is a beautiful coastal town located 33 miles above the artic circle. The town gives access to Noatak National Preserve, Kobuk Valley National Park, and Cape Krusenstern National Monument. Activities nearby include backpacking, hiking, rafting, wildlife viewing, photography, fishing, and hunting. Practicing in Kotzebue gives the opportunity to learn about the rich indigenous culture and history.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Schedule will vary depending on department.
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.