Urgent Care/Emergency Medicine NP or PA at
Navajo Area IHS Medical Center
$(90-95) per hour
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
Pinnacle Emergency Medical Group/Arc Health is seeking Board Certified Emergency Medicine Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants to provide emergency medicine/urgent care at a comprehensive Indian Health Service facility in the Southwest. Ideal candidates are those who will consider returning to the facilities for at least one to two weeks each month. We are urgently hiring qualified candidates for locums positions in the Urgent Care Department.
- Typical number of patients per day: 10-12
- Schedule: Flexible, Monday-Friday, Weekends
- Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare
- Compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners
- Interested in joining a dynamic and potentially disruptive social healthcare enterprise
- Board-certified in EM/Eligible by ABEM
- ATLS, ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Active, unrestricted license and DEA from any state or US territory
- Completed a US residency program
- Not had a lapse in practice > 6 months leading up to assignment
- 35,000 annual patient visits
- Main ED with 40 MD/DO coverage
- Super Track with APP coverage from 7A-12A
- RPMS EHR (Government)
- San Juan Regional Medical Center (Farmington, NM)
- Level III trauma center, STEMI center, Primary Stroke
- Center is 30 min away by ground
- UNM (Albuquerque) for more specialized adult and complicated pediatric transfers
- Helipad onsite with helicopter stationed 15 min away
• Inpatient IM, Peds, Gen Surg, OB/GYN
• Optometry/Dental/Ortho/Hand/OMFS available onsite for urgent f/u
• Internal Medicine/Family Medicine for most admissions.
• ICU available (Shock, Sepsis, Intubated, DKA, EtOH w/d)
• 24-hour labor and delivery staffed by OB/GYN and midwife service
- Majority Native American population
Strong Navajo and Hopi cultural traditions exist within the communities, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo and Hopi languages, or to learn about traditional Native American medicine. The service units are located near the Grand Canyon National Park, with excellent opportunities for photography and outdoor recreation.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: RPMS
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board eligible or board certified
- Any state license
Northern Navajo Medical Center IHS
This Medical Center is the largest geographical service-unit of Navajo Area Indian Health Service (NAIHS). Its population extends into New Mexico, Arizona, and Utah. The scope of the Medical Center's responsibility is extensive and includes administrative oversight of one hospital and two health centers. The Medical Center was opened on February 3, 1995 and is the main administrative center. It is a 60 bed medical center and has one of the largest patient volumes in the NAIHS. The Center provides the following primary and specialty care services in inpatient and outpatient care services: medical-surgical, pediatric inpatient, labor and delivery, intensive care units, internal medicine, family practice, urgent and emergency care, women's health, mental health, pharmacy, optometry, dental, radiology, public health nursing, medical social services, health promotion/disease prevention and traditional medicine. The Emergency Department (ED) provides emergency medical treatment 24 hours a day, seven days a week to patients of all ages. In 2021, the Emergency Room was designated as a Level IV trauma center. This designation increases access to trauma care in a rural setting and ensures optimal care to those who are seriously injured. Furthermore, the ED is certified as Peds Ready by the New Mexico Emergency Medical Services for Children and the University of New Mexico Child Ready Program. This certification ensures effective emergency care for children.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Monday–Friday, weekends/different shift times
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.
State: New Mexico