$(312,000 - 321,000) per year
Sep 2023 -
About This Job
A 25-bed Critical Access Hospital in the White Mountains of New Hampshire is seeking a full-time Board Certified or Board Eligible Emergency Medicine Physician for 6 solo shifts per month for a permanent position.
- Provide care for patients of all ages in an ED with 9 beds: 6 private rooms, 1 exam with 2 bays (curtains) for minor surgery, and 1 trauma room.
- Solo coverage for 24-hour shifts.
- No advance practice provider support. Occasional assistance provided by 24-hour Hospitalist in times of high census or acuity.
- Annual volume is 8,200 patients (less during COVID-19 pandemic).
- Volume of patients per day ranges from 15 to 40; average 22-23 patients.
- Approximately 16% of patients are admitted, and 2.3% are transferred to a higher level of care.
- Facility is preparing to apply for designation as a level 3 trauma center in late 2022/early 2023.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- NP/PA support
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: Meditech
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board eligible or board certified
- New Hampshire license
Androscoggin Valley Hospital
New Hampshire member organizations include Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, Weeks Medical Center in Lancaster, and North Country Home Health and Hospice Agency in Littleton. North Country Healthcare also collaborates with two Federally Qualified Health Clinics: Coös County Family Health Services in Berlin and Indian Stream Health Center in Colebrook. Together they have formed a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) to develop a Clinically Integrated Network for all hospitals and providers in the North Country to address population health and to improve the health indicators for all of the residents of the North Country. Situated in the Great North Woods Region in New Hampshire, North Country Healthcare is a non-profit affiliation of four medical facilities, employing hundreds of talented professionals. The hospitals are each Critical Access Hospitals (CAH). Northern New Hampshire offers an amazing quality of life with four incredible seasons to enjoy outdoor activities or indoor hobbies. There are miles and miles of pristine trails for hiking, biking, horseback riding, or cross country skiing. We have acres and acres of ponds and lakes for kayaking, fishing, water skiing and cooling off in the summer. There are breathtaking mountains for skiing, snowboarding or downhill thrills. Dynamic, friendly and creative communities are great for families and entrepreneurs. Unbeatable real estate prices and the cost of living is 27.1% lower than the US average according to www.bestplaces.net. There are small schools where students get personalized attention to bring out their best. Wholesome, virtually crime-free, engaged communities with a vibrant economy. Growing young professional population, and an expanding high technology base in an economic climate where your money goes farther. No income or sales tax and outlet shopping is just a short trip down the road.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
* Solo coverage for 24-hour shifts.
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.
State: New Hampshire