PCP - MD/DO at
Great Plains IHS Facility
$(125-135) per hour
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
Arc Health is seeking a full-time outpatient Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician for a small, rural, Tribal hospital near Rapid City CA. This 35 bed comprehensive medical/surgical hospital is the primary source of health care for the Rosebud Sioux (Sicangu Oyate) tribal members, in and around the Rosebud Sioux reservation. The mission of the hospital is to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level.
- Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- 1 hour of administrative time each day
- Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses in hospital and clinic setting
- Perform comprehensive physical examinations for adults and children
- Participate in quality improvement/patient safety projects
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- EHR: RPMS
- The hospital has a small inpatient department and no ICU.
- There is a very active ER.
- Transfers are by ambulance or air
- There is an airstrip at the hospital.
- There is minimal specialty care on-site.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: RPMS
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board certified
- Any state license
The Indian Health Service hospital is a 35 bed comprehensive medical/surgical hospital located near Rapid City, South Dakota. The hospital is the primary source of health care for the Sioux (Sicangu Oyate) tribal members, in and around the Sioux reservation. The mission of the hospital is to raise the physical, mental, social, and spiritual health of American Indians and Alaska Natives to the highest level
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm 1 hour of administrative time each day
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.
State: South Dakota