Urgent Care/Emergency Medicine NP or PA at
IHS Health Care Facility in Arizona
$(90-95) per hour
Mar 2023 -
About This Job
Pinnacle Emergency Medical Group/Arc Health is seeking Board Certified Emergency Medicine Nurse practitioners and Physician Assistants to provide emergency medicine/urgent care at a comprehensive Indian Health Service facility in the Southwest. We are urgently hiring qualified candidates for locums positions in the Urgent Care Department.
- Schedule: Flexible
- Monday-Friday, Weekends
- Ideal candidates are those who will consider returning to the facility for at least one to two weeks each month.
- Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare
- Compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners
- Interested in joining a dynamic and potentially disruptive social healthcare
- Board-certified in EM/Eligible by ABEM
- ATLS, ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Active, unrestricted license and DEA from any state or US territory
- Completed a US residency program
- Not had a lapse in practice > 6 months leading up to assignment
- 35,000 annual patient visits
- 24 MD/DO coverage
- RPMS EHR (Government)
- Urgent care area APP coverage (8am-1am), 7 days a week.
- Resource and Patient Management System (RPMS) EHR
- 2 Resus bays (1 adult/ 1 peds)
- It is a 60-bed hospital with a medical staff consisting of Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, OB/GYN’s, Anesthesiologists, and a Psychiatrist.
- IM, Peds, General Surgery, OB/GYM, Podiatry (Day)
- Hospitalist service for admission
- ICU available (Sepsis/DKA/EtOH w/d)
- Helipad onsite
- Majority Native American population
Strong Navajo and Hopi cultural traditions exist within the communities, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo and Hopi languages, or to learn about traditional Native American medicine. The service units are located near the Grand Canyon National Park, with
excellent opportunities for photography and outdoor recreation.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: RPMS
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board eligible or board certified
- Any state license
Chinle Comprehensive Health Care Facility
Located in Northeast Arizona near Canyon De Chelly National Monument, this 60 bed hospital serves as the health care hub for the region. The medical staff includes Family Physicians, Internists, Pediatricians, General Surgeons, OB/GYN's, Anesthesiologists, and a Psychiatrist. In addition to routine outpatient and inpatient primary care, services available to our patients include: Adult Intensive Care, General Surgery (including laparoscopic surgery), routine and operative Obstetrics, and 24-Hour Emergency Room Services. Health care services are provided to approximately 37,000 active users. Strong Navajo cultural traditions exist within the community, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo language, or to learn about traditional Navajo medicine. The service unit is located on the Colorado Plateau with excellent opportunities for photography, hiking, running, road biking, cross country skiing, and mountain biking. Canyon de Chelly National Monument is within 5 miles of the hospital and is a wonderful place for exploring and sightseeing, running and mountain biking.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Monday–Friday, weekends/different shift times
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.