$(225-250) per hour
For Emergency Medicine Physician
Feb 2024 -
About This Job
Pinnacle Emergency Medical Group/Arc Health is seeking Board Certified Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine physicians with Emergency Medicine experience to provide emergency medicine/urgent care at a comprehensive Indian Health Service facility in the Southwest. Ideal candidates are those who will consider returning to the facilities for at least one-two week each month. We are urgently hiring qualified candidates for locums positions in the Urgent Care Department.
- Urgent Care Shift Coverage
- Mon – Fri, 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Schedule: Flexible
- Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare
- Compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners
- Interested in joining a dynamic and potentially disruptive social healthcare
- Board-certified in EM/Eligible by ABEM
- ATLS, ACLS, BLS, PALS
- Active, unrestricted license and DEA from any state or US territory
- Completed a US residency program
- Not had a lapse in practice > 6 months leading up to assignment
- 13,500 annual patient visits
- 24 MD/DO coverage + 10 hr. APP coverage (9a-7p)
- RPMS EHR (Government)
- 1 Resus/Trauma bay
- Facility offers a 2-bed birthing unit, 4-bed medical/surgical adult/pediatric unit.
- Major trauma, acute surgical emergencies and high-risk obstetric patients are transported to Flagstaff Medical Center, Tuba City Indian Medical Hospital, Chinle Hospital, Phoenix Indian Medical Center or to several other contracted health facilities.
- IM/ FM cover, Peds, and admin
- Helipad onsite
- Housing is provided and coordinated by PEMG/Arc Health
- Primarily the Hopi and Navajo tribes.
- Approximately 7,000 people from both tribes.
Strong Navajo and Hopi cultural traditions exist within the communities, offering an opportunity to learn the Navajo and Hopi languages, or to learn about traditional Native American medicine. The service units are located near the Grand Canyon National Park, with excellent opportunities for photography and outdoor recreation.
- No procedures
- Closed ICU
- No codes
- No teaching
Facility Specific Job Details
- EMR: RPMS
Travel Expenses (Locum Only)
- Board eligible or board certified
- Any state license
Hopi IHS EM/UC
The emergency room operates 24-hours a day and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE) responders are available at all times. Diabetes prevention treatment is provided both individually and in group settings, i.e. kitchen creation/eating healthy programs are available. A nutritionist works as part of this team to monitor, track, and create healthy living and lifestyle recommendations. Podiatry services are available on a scheduled basis through contract specialists. Physical therapy and well-child visits are conducted in an outpatient setting, by appointment. Public health nursing works with the Hopi Tribe Community Health Workers to monitor, follow-up, and provide individual and group health interventions. Tribal Behavioral Health Services are also available 24-hours a day.
Thanks for your interest!
Please review the quick next steps below and then click “Confirm Interest”.
- 1Hyr will email you within 48 hours to arrange a brief discussion and Q&A with one of our clinical team members.
- 2Complete your digital credentialing wallet through our partner, Axuall; takes 10 min and we cover the cost (Visit “My Profile”).
- 3Complete your electronic background check (Visit “My Profile”).
Being "officially presented" means that you agree to work with Hyr Medical if you work at this facility. You can see full details of this agreement in our terms and conditions.
We strive to make the freelance process as simple and efficient as possible. Therefore, we'll provide you with a travel lump sum amount after each assignment is completed. No need to send receipts, you are in complete control of your travel choices.
The lump sum amount is based on the zip code distance between your home address and the facility address, and consists of both a base rate and per day rate.
Monday–Friday, weekends/different shift times
Estimated number of patient encounters.
You'll be able to start scheduling specific coverages if your application is accepted and once you finish credentialing with this facility.
We'll help with the credentialing process to speed things up.